New Horizon is a privately owned residential care home. It is a three bedded unit for people suffering from various identified mental health problems. Our goal is to promote our clients Recovery through the process of providing Hope, Control and Opportunity.
What makes us special
• Staff: We offer skilled care to enable people who live here to achieve their optimum state of health and well-being. Our team is a dedicated team of nurses’, healthcare assistants, an activities coordinator and a handyman. This ensures that residents’ requirements are met 24 hours a day. A Registered Nurse will be accessible at all times.
• Catering: Our food is guaranteed to satisfy your appetite. There is a choice of home cooked meals and specialized dietary needs are catered for. Our clients will have the choice to self cater.
• General Services: Daily living within our homes is designed to offer you a wide range of interests; we aim to ensure that there is always something interesting and stimulating going on. Our activity coordinator will plan and facilitate a variety of daily activities with you in mind including psycho educational groups. A structured time table will reflect all sessions and activities provided at New Horizon.
• Relatives and Visitors: Visits are special times for our residents, and we encourage family and friends to keep in regular contact and visit as often as they want. We also welcome your involvement in your loved one’s care – keeping you up to date on their health and wellbeing. A visitors’ book is available for your feedback without prejudice.
The Physical Environment
• The residential accommodation provides three good size bedrooms with en-suite facilities and each room is equipped with a TV (upon request). All bedrooms are equipped with smoking detectors.
• A TV lounge area which provides video, DVD, Satellite TV Services and is equipped with an entertainment game console.
• The open plan area comprises of the lounge and communal dining area where the menu choice for several days in advance is displayed. Adjoined is a well equipped kitchen.
• Outside is a patio which leads to the garden area where residents can enjoy sitting outside for fresh air or do a bit gardening and the garden also has a designated smoking area.
• The care home has a seven seater people’s carrier for travelling purposes when required.